Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Run, My route!

Started off today with a morning run. I think I need to start learning that every run will be different, and just because running at the same pace today as I did yesterday feels infinitely harder today, it doesn't mean I'm any less of a runner....it just means today's run was different than yesterdays....

It was especially hard to get out the door today since I didn't sleep that well last night, and I debated not going, but I am so happy that I did!
Anyways, here are today's splits:

 I'm still pretty happy with them, although I'd like to get lower into the 8:00s rather than hovering at the 8 & 9 minute border. Also the last "split" is just my garmin being awesome, I only ran 8.7 miles so there shouldn't be a 10th split. I also don't know which column I should assume is my actual pace, "moving time", or "time?"
If anyone out there knows, please let me know! Do you have a garmin or similar running watch? And if so which value to you assume is your actual pace?








I was yawning....and too lazy to
take a second picture ;)

Today's Route:
I actually really love the route I ran today. I just run along some major streets by my home, essentially creating a large, square-ish loop that starts and ends at my house
......okay, I'll be honest, it usually ends at the Whole Foods 2 blocks from my house. What?!? I love me some Whole Foods....what can I say?

Anyways, I run along a couple of boring streets, but two really exciting ones as well. I run along Tujunga avenue, and I get to run by my FAVORITE cafe: Aroma Coffee & Tea! My friends and I would spend hours upon hours here every other day back in highschool.....and they have a kick ass Tofu Rice Bowl! I also ran by this new popsicle place called Suck It...made a mental note to stop by when I'm not pouring sweat and smelling like a trashcan! Then I run on Ventura Blvd. which is a long, busy and interesting street. I love watching people who are walking around, and glancing into shop windows as I run by. There is a lululemon that I always run by, and I'm not gonna lie, I feel super-cool for the few seconds that I breeze on by Lulu IN my Lulu Shorts ;)

Today, the excitement of running this particular route is pretty much the only thing that got me out the door, do you have a running route that is your favorite or special way of motivating yourself when you're not quite feeling like running/exercising?


Also, check back later today because there will either be a restaurant review or a raw, vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe post.....it all depends on what I do with my day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment