Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silence

Many things have caused my silence on the interwebs this week; from the tragic events in Boston, to receiving some major news and making some even more major life decisions, and getting to see one of my best friends who has been out of the country for at least 8 months, this week has been full of highs and lows.

Boston: First and foremost, as someone who has family and friends in Boston as well as a runner who knows people that ran the Boston Marathon this year, the events in Boston have been at the forefront of my thoughts. It really breaks my heart more than words can describe to see such innocent, good, and unsuspecting people being so horribly impacted by the cruel and irrational actions of two deranged people. I hope that we all remember the names of those who were lost in Boston, and remember how blessed we are to be alive with our loved ones every day. I do have to say that I wish the media would stop showing the pictures of the two brothers responsible for the horrible events in Boston. Although this may not be their intention, they just end up giving these horrible criminals a weird sort of celebrity status rather than focusing on the beautiful people who were lost in these tragic events. If these events have reminded me of anything, it is the importance of treasuring every moment in life, and every second you have with your loved ones. If you are in any position to help out the victims of the events in Boston, the Huffington Post has posted this page of helpful links to ways to help the victims and survivors of the events in Boston.

In other (much less important) news: In addition to the events in Boston, I have also received some big news and been making some big decisions this week about my future. I am not going to lie, this week has been full of all sorts of emotions (both good and not so good) and lots of struggles (mainly due to my indecisiveness and fear of failure), and I may share what's going on soon. However, right now, there are some very personal decisions being made, and I feel more comfortable keeping things to myself and the people closest to me until things are finalized and I am more sure about how I feel about my decisions.

Friends are the best: Especially when you are reunited with them after months of zero communication;  one of my best friends has been in LA, and I got to see her and talk to her after what feels like an eternity (in reality it was more like 8 months) of no communication. This may sound silly, but her visit couldn't have come at a better time; I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am to have such great people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment