Sunday, March 31, 2013

Let's have a Kiki! I wanna have a Kiki....

I've been having a bit of a weeklong Kiki myself, so I figured the best way to finish of my week of Kiki madness is to have a post about the random things that have occurred throughout the week of the Kiki! I know I'm a bit late as far as this song goes, but I love it and it's been stuck in my head this past week (Also, to the right is the video that inspired my Kiki madness). For anyone who is out of the loop (which was me until quite recently) a Kiki is basically just a really laid back, chill party where you gossip, have fun, relax, and perhaps take part in a little casual debauchery. Although I haven't literally been partying all week, I've had quite a few late (and fun) nights, and I've also taken a bit of a Kiki from blogging. This is just a random post of some of the fabulous things that have happened during my weeklong Kiki that I thought others might enjoy, no new recipes, but I'll be back to regular blogging this next week. I apologize in advance for my excessive and often horrendously incorrect use of the word Kiki, I just love it so much that I've been using to replace every word that makes sense.....and many that don't.


The J Brands
Elizabeth & James
Lena Dunham and I are polar opposites...... 
She clearly has no idea that pants even exist, and I have more pants than I know what to do with. This problem was made slightly worse (or better, depending on how you view the situation) by the fact that I had an impromptu Kiki at the melrose location of Wasteland and found some awesome pants.......which I then proceeded to buy......obvi. The first was a pair of printed J Brand skinny pants, they are from this season and were actually in the most recent issue of people style watch, yet somehow I found them in my exact size at wasteland for $40! Also, I have been wanting a pair of camo pants for awhile, and I found a pair of awesome Elizabeth and James Grey/Black Camo skinny pants for $40. SO excited about these purchases it's actually hilarious. Also, let me just say that Wasteland is amazing, I always forget how awesome it is until I go back. Now don't get me wrong, it takes patience and time to find the true gems mixed in with the piles and piles of butt ugly clothes that even a homeless person would refuse  to wear, but it's worth it when you find that awesome deal or two. I spent probably 2 hours looking through the racks at Wasteland before I found my beloved pants.


It's not always black and white, but in this case it is: 
I have been crazy for black and white dresses, skirts, pants, and tops recently. I think it's a combination of watching too many of the fashion shows from fashion week, watching too many french movies, and my zebra dreams (I'm not joking, I have been having lots of dreams about zebras lately). I love anything that's a bold, black and white pattern or print, or anything that is white lined with black, or black lined with white. I found a dress recently on Ruelala that got me more excited than a Kiki on a hot summer night, so I ordered and magically, two weeks later, I was wearing it to work. I'm in love.




Had a Kanye Kiki: I love Kanye; yes, this a little known fact about me that many people are surprised to find out, but I am absolutely obsessed with all of the music he creates. The man is a genius, and as if I didn't already love him enough, he is now dating  Kim Kardashian, one of my favorite people who's famous for......well being famous I guess? Let's be real though, the Kardashian reality shows on E! are one of my biggest guilty pleasures, and Kanye West's music is just my straight up favorite thing ever, so the fact that they are being united is awesome. Anywho, back to the topic; Kanye West's music has rocked my socks since I was a babychild many, many years ago. I remember exactly what I was doing the first time I heard "Gold Digger" (driving in the car on the way to Orange County with a starbucks drink in hand) and I was so obsessed with "Love Lockdown" when it came out my freshman year of college that I almost failed my first Calculus midterm because I stayed up listening to different performances of "Love Lockdown" rather than studying the night before my test (this is a true story, my freshman year roomate can attest to this). I was looking for an acoustic cover of homecoming, and I found something amazing, take a listen.....I hope you enjoy!

Beautiful flowers on our hike
Fresh Produce at the Farmer's Market! Nomsss
Had a Kiki on the Trails: 
My good friend went hiking with me on Saturday, and he took me on a trail that I have never been on before! It was an easy loop that was just over an hour long and it was really beautiful. The trail wasn't too crowded, and the weather was perfect for hiking. We started out at the trails on the top of Reseda where we've hiked many times, but we took two smaller trails that I had never been on that branch off of the main fire trails. The second trail in particular was really beautiful, and surprisingly lush considering how dry the surrounding trails are. The hike was a success, but just to be safe, we went to the farmers market afterwards to make sure our day was extra faboosh.....because I mean what says fabulous more than fresh fruits and veggies...am I right? (In case you were wondering if that was sarcastic or not, I don't even know, so good luck)

I also took a bit of a Kiki from running:
 Last sunday after my long run, I had major achilles tendon soreness in my right ankle, and knowing that it could turn into something much worse if I continued to run on it, I took 4 days off from running and any other strenuous activity (aka bicycling and elliptical  to properly let it heal). I am glad to say that my ankle is feeling much  better now, and I ran 14.5 miles today with no ankle pain. I definitely know why it happened though, it's because I ran really hard two days in a row 2 weeks ago, and upped my mileage significantly for that week as a result (went from 40 miles per week to 46 miles per week). I also slacked off with foam rolling, which really can't happen, so I've learned my lesson. Although knowing me I'll probably think I'm superman in a couple of weeks and do the same type of thing......what can I say, I'm a smart one. 

That's all I've got for today, the Kikis really took it outtah me..... but I hope you enjoyed my slightly (okay extremely) random post. Back in the next few days with a slightly less crazy post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment